Speed dramatically went down.

Eldron

Hi... First time here.

I've been using uTorrent since last year and never had problem with it.

But now when I'm downloading Crysis(Multi-11 thingy) from Skulptura, I get an incredibly low speed and about 30 seeds while ThePirateBay states 568 seeders.

Currently as I'm writing it's downloading at 12kb/s with 26 seeders and only downloaded 1GB since Sunday.

I've uploaded more than I've downloaded now I think, 2GB seeded.

Are the seeders and downloaders not seeding or problem with utorrent? I'm using the 1.9 beta and never changed any settings(except from the guides I've read). Last time I managed to download Red Alert 3(1GB) in only 4 hours.

Oh and I've read all the previous threads and tutorials in this forum.

Some details:

Operating System: Windows Vista Business 32 Bit

Connection: DSL. Using Linksys Wireless.

uTorrent: 1.9

Firewall Off

Anti Virus: NOD 32, OFF

ISP: Virgin Media 2MB

Thanks

Virgin Media cable ISP in the UK is hostile to BitTorrent traffic and their customer's privacy.

NOD 32 may be causing disruptions even "off".

Wireless networking severely impacts both the stability and max speeds possible with uTorrent.

Bad settings in uTorrent can make all the above FAR, FAR worse!

Virgin Media cable ISP in the UK is hostile to BitTorrent traffic and their customer's privacy.

NOD 32 may be causing disruptions even "off".

Wireless networking severely impacts both the stability and max speeds possible with uTorrent.

Bad settings in uTorrent can make all the above FAR, FAR worse!

1) Never had a problem before..?

I checked with Glasnost to check if I'm being throttled but it says no. I only download about 500MB a day so they couldn't throttle me down 75%.

2) So how do I actually disable them? Uninstall? I tried the ending it from task manager but only egui.exe. ekern.exe keeps on respawning lol.

3) Tried with connecting to modem via ethernet. Still the same.

4) I never changed the settings except using the Speed Guide(Ctrl+G)

1) Glasnost certainly does not detect all throttling methods. Bell Canada ADSL ISP and British Telecom Central ADSL ISP in the UK don't show as being throttled by it, but they certainly are!

2) Yes, uninstall NOD32 entirely. (At least for testing!)

3) There, that pretty much rules out the router...for now.

4) The settings in uTorrent's built-in Speed Guide (CTRL+G) can be very bad as well...especially if you chose the wrong one. Some of the "right" ones use an excessive number of connections as well.

Archived