torrent error, when seeding

carl606

Hello

I am completly new to utorrent, i only discovered it by chance when i had to download a torrent file for a recovery cd.

I have just downloaded a few music tracks which downloads fine.

Then you are encouraged to leave the torrent job "seeding" which i do.

I have only done this a few times, but when i leave it "seeding" after a while i will get torrent error or system torrent error, then i will get a red x.....

This is probably something i am doing wrong, could anyone avise me what it is, so that i can correct it...

Thankyou all

Re: torrent error, when seedingWhich error do you get? Did you move the data associated to the .torrent seeding in uT?

yes i possably did move the data, associated to the torrent.

Let me quickly tell you what i have been doing, when the torrent file has completly downloaded, it will put the contents into the directory i have chosen, but then after it has done this i will move them straight away, and leave it seeding for a while.

Then after about 20 minutes , a balloon will popup saying torrent error "the sysem cannot find the specified file"

is this because i am moving them straight away, and should be moving them after seeding.

I am only a beginner at the moment, and basically only reading the first chapter on the help pages which i have printed out.

So in my case mistakes will happen :)

Yes, classic error. Anyway uT allows you to relocate data and continue to leech or seed a torrent even if you have moved previously the data.

Just stop the torrent job. Right click on it, Advanced > Set Download Location. Browse the new folder where are your (in)complete data now. Force a recheck. Restart the torrent job and uT will resume it.

You can do the same thing for each file within a multifiles torrent, just go to Files tab and do it.

NB: you can set folders in uT, just look at Preferences > Directories.

Just stop the torrent job. Right click on it, Advanced > Set Download Location. Browse the new folder where are your (in)complete data now. Force a recheck. Restart the torrent job and uT will resume it.

Right you are moogly, i will try that next time OR i could just copy it to another folder like snaphappy said...

Thankyou for your help guys...

I,am sure there will be many more questions to ask.....:cool:

Yes it's another solution if you have enough place on your HD and the file is not too big, you can duplicate it when you want to use it and avoid to change settings in uT.

Yes , if the file is rather large and i need to use it right away, i could copy the file after its been downloaded ,while i leave it seeding, then maybe the next day go back and delete the original one, just to save some disc space.

Thats one way i have just thought of

Archived