utorrent not downloading new torrents

sideshowbob67

Hi. I'm new here though I've been using utorrent for some time. I have version 1.8.3 beta. Windows Vista 64 bit. I've been trying to read through the forums and trouble shooting guides but I don't really know what alot of the stuff means. I started having trouble since I joined speed.cd. Some of their rule required me to make some changes to my settings. I've run the port test and I keep failing. I've tried ten random ports and none of them work. I had to disable DHT and PEX. Could this be the problem. I'm not fond of the site so enabling these settings and getting kicked off won't bother me. TCP-in and UDP-in are both checked in my firewall and I have the add firewall exception checked in utorrent settings. In my firewall there is also one that just says utorrent and it's not checked. I don't know if it should be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

"In my firewall there is also one that just says utorrent and it's not checked."

Delete that and let your firewall redetect uTorent.

Just to check...since I'm on ComCast and wonder what settings others use...

Are you using 1 megabit/sec upload settings or 2?

(I personally use setting similar to the 1 megabit/sec upload settings from my speed guide, 2nd link in my signature.)

First thing, I'd like to say thanks. I deleted the utorrent thing from my firewall and now everything that I've been waiting on has started up. Got a green circle with a check at the bottom again. I also have comcast. I ran the speed test and I got 1110 kbps so I set my upload to 97. I'm downloading slackware at about 750 kbps average.

What about the settings that I changed? Should I change them back? I don't really know what they mean or do.

I have another question that I haven't been able to find an answer to. My old computer crashed a while ago. I had alot of music torrents on it. Before I lost everything I burned them to cd as mp3s. My new computer will play them off the discs but when I save them to media player they won't play. Do you know why that is?

Yours is really close to mine then... 1 megabit/sec upload settings from 2nd link in my signature.

The guides and FAQ explain all the settings better than I can quickly. :P

But if the other settings aren't roughly balanced with download/upload speed capabilities of a connection...results will suffer, possibly badly.

Archived