Utorrent disconnecting one of my Wireless comps

Ascent

Hey I have looked around and cannot find this course my search abilities usually suck so if this is answered somewhere already pls link it and I will check it out.

Just got a new router Linksys Wireless-G Broadband wrt54g2 now got one desktop comp hardwired and two laptops that are on this router wireless. Once acer and a sony. when I start Utorrent on my desktop and am downloading something after it starts up my sony laptop looses its wireless connection hehe. Not sure why Utorrent is causeing this but it only happens when I start Utorrent up. So to regain wireless connection I have to stop Utorrent and disconnect and reconnect from the wireless router and I get interenet access again.

Anyone have any idea why this would be happening? could it be a router setting or is my Utorrent settings maybe causing this? Played around a bit but can't figure out why it is doing it :P

Router overloads, probably due to poor design with too little ram and buggy networking.

(There is 3rd party replacement software for routers...tomato and DD-WRT that can 'fix' some of that!)

1st and 2nd links in my signature are almost a must!

I don't know much about computers so not sure about installing 3rd party software. Any way I can decrease this overload on the Utorrent side? I just replaced this wireless router with an old one that was not wireless that I had no problems with this happening.

Also this only happens on my sony laptop...my acer also wireless never looses connection...any reason that would be like that?

Hi, I'm not sure if my problem relates to this but sounds quite similar.

I can run my desktop with uTorrent and everything is fine, I can run the wife's laptop with uTorrent and again all fine but when I try and run through my laptop it disconnects the whole internet and I have to reboot the router.

I have uninstalled and re-installed uTorrent, messed around with the router settings as much as I know how to... I'm running with Sky LLU Broadband.

Any ideas? Thanks

Archived