Problem connecting to peers

somewhereoveryonda

Hey... Bit of a newbie here

I've had utorrent for about a month, and didn't bother to forward a port as the status was green. Then I decided after the status went to the yellow triangle to forward a port. I set up a static IP, made a service on my netgear D834g v3 and setup a firewall rule. Then I set up Live OneCare to allow the port. This worked fine for two days. I also have used LVLORDS hack for the SYS file to make 50 connections and I changed the half open ports to 40.

I don't really know much about this stuff but heres the problem: I only seem to have about 10-12 connections to peers and a download of 10kbps.. and about 25kbps. My max download is 50kbps. The status is still green, so I don't really know what to do. Help!

I have read the speed guide, but its all a bit complicated for me.. I need some serious specific help please!

Your ADSL UK ISP runs through Carphone Warehouse Broadband Services ISP, which SEVERELY disrupts and throttles BitTorrent traffic. This is probably why (but maybe not the only reason) you're having trouble staying connected to peers.

Try the 1st and 2nd links in my signature.

Best to set uTorrent's net.max_halfopen back to 8...it almost certainly won't help you stay connected to peers setting it higher. :(

You tried using encryption and other stealth techniques?

...such as these:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=58714

Archived