Not A Win32 Application

SpanishDoll

Hey guys..

I just got a new computer and am trying to install certain applications that I once used on a daily basis with my old computer. Unfortunately, I am stuck with Windows Vista on this computer vs XP on my old PC. Anyway, I clicked on the download fie for uTorrent.exe 1.8.2 to download. Once download was complete, I attempted to run it to install onto the computer. However, I receive an error message stating C:\users\Shay\Downloads\utorrent.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Any idea as to how I can get this to install?

Weird... I tried redownloading it twice and it was the same story. Just tried for a third time and this time I got the full installation. Not sure what was going on there as I was downloading from the same website. *shrugs* Thanks nonetheless, I got it installed. (:

• 5 months later...

I'm having this same problem. I'm running Vista 64bits, SP2, . I've downloaded version 1.8.5 from this site, 4 times and the beta version twice. File size is 226K for each. When I run the utorrent.exe file get the error: "C:\downloads\utorrent.exe is not a valid Win32 application." Rebooted my system; same problem. What gives?

I was having the same problem. I was checking the hash and was getting different values each time I downloaded it.

I think its something fishy with IE8 or something. I saw a different thread where the guy solved it by downloading it with a different browser. Worked perfect with firefox the first time.

I've never had a downloaded corrupted like that. I'm running a brand new install of win7-64, fully patched. Tried to install utorrent before firefox and it reminded my why I hate IE. First I can't save it to my C drive without "permission", then it wouldn't even transfer the complete file.

I just tried to replicate the problem in IE, but its giving me the correct file now. So I don't know what gives.

Hi!

I had the same problem on Vista. I discovered that when I tried to download to a folder containing swedish unicode chars, like åäö, the download was incomplete. The file size became 82 kB. When I downloaded to a different directory the file size was 283 kB and it worked fine. Don't know if it was just a coincident or not, but I tried downloading to the "swedish" directory several times and it failed every time and it succeded right away when I switched directory.

Archived