µTorrent 1.8.3 released

Firon

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With 1.8.3 I've noticed that when Force Starting a torrent, no peers connect. I have my queue limit set to 2 and have 2 other torrents running, both of which have peers connected fine, but any torrents I Force Start don't have peers connect. When I just move these torrents up in the queue and allow them to regular Start, they connect fine to any peers. This behavior was noticed with 15658 and 15728, I didn't use any 1.8.3 builds before them.

Don`t really get it but when i install the 1.8.3 version (from this web page) i get the possibility to choose between installing the ASK search engine.But when i choose to not install this search engine it still installs into my operating system no matter my way of clicking in that install field.Otherwise , thanks for a great torrent software.

Only the two first boxes when i thought the license agreement was for the uTorrent software.Anyway , it was easy to delete the search engine when it wasnt glued to the system as many others in the same category.Thanks for the answer and once again ... Thanks for a really nice torrent software who also works GREAT with different VPN services. :)

PLEEEEEASE at least uncheck the ask toolbar boxes by default

dont be morons by adding junk to your wonderful software!

(if you don't, i will never support or recommend this program to anyone ever again and protest to anyone that does)

They can't do that. No one in his right mind has an opt-out pay-on-install adware toolbar, basically cause he'll lose the cash noobs who don't know otherwise generate by blindly clicking yes. Vuze also does this (apparently the video service they were trying to promote failed but whatever). Yeah, it's not a nice practice trying to gain from people who don't know better, but whatever, it's not gonna change.

Thankfully some real, up-to-now-adware-free, GPL client is nearing a critical point in its development, so you might as well try that and forget the adbloats, or try the other GPL client, but that one has still way to go before it can serve as a real alternative.

But in general, you finally no longer need to put up with adware. uTorrent will just follow Azureus' and Bitcomet's road of diminished userbase due to ads and bloatware, which is a pity really.

Apparently many free software devs seem to forget how they got popular, but that's ok, someone else will always come forth to take their place.

Read the first post in this thread lately? That message is about 1.8.3 in general, not about build 15772 specifically. In fact, the short message provided with the auto-update is almost never about the particular build -- it's always about the version.

A lot of fixes for this release. uTP support has been much improved to better handle mixed-mode uTP and TCP. It is not enabled by default for outgoing connections.

No.

Do explain, exactly why is it that you always seem to believe there are a ton of changes between each and every new build, despite what we tell you every single time?

-- 2009-06-01: Version 1.8.3 (build 15571)

- Fix: regression in 15562 that caused frequent crashes

That was just 1 fix, yet they still mentioned it. Richard Choi already mentioned that there were atleast 2 changes, then it would be nothing more than logical to also put the changelog for that build online? Why keep that information from us, there is no harm in putting a changelog online you know.

Archived