µTorrent 1.8.3 released

Firon

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weird bug: I hope I can explain this properly... Lets say I have 10 torrents in queue and the torrent list only shows 5, when I scroll to the bottom of the list, this causes the rss feeds list to scroll the same amount. meaning, if I dont scroll and then move to the rss list it is at the top of the rss list, but if I scroll down 5 torrents in the torrent list, when I move to the rss list, it will show the 5th most recent torrent at the top. why these two things are/should be connected, I dont know.

To update to newer build when auto update fails you must download µTorrent manually and exit µTorrent before installing < if this also fails then uninstall and reinstall !!!

Always look for more ways before posting these simple questions or try FAQ or IRC chat channel !

the new utorrent 1.8.3 build has installed ask.com

however I didnt really put a check mark on it during the installation..did not even agree to ask toolbars terms

now there is no toolbar however if I type in the address bar the words I am searching,firefox uses ask.com instead of google.

does utorrent really do that?( install something though I didnt approve to) or is it just me?

Is something wrong with the recent build? I'm seeding at 35-40kb/s but somehow utorrent reports 80+.

Edit: Ok, I just noticed something not nice... What the hell is the opt-out Ask.com doing there...????????

Nevermind, I found the announcement... Not very nice... And here I thought only Bitcomet and Vuze were adware...

I've noticed that with 1.8.3 stable, less leechers get connected to the torrents that I'm seeding, and the upload speed is unstable, going from 0 to 90kb/s.

This isn't happening with the 1.8.2 with which I seed the same torrents at 100kb/s, which is my connection limit.

cause if you like to help a bit troubleshooting, this is the way - by elimination. This disables uTP, and can help figure up if this is the root cause to your issue.

edit:

is net.calc_overhead = false the default now ? I thought it should have been true !

Archived