speed graph color legend

Lawmanxxx

Can someone please direct me to a web page/FAQ/guide that will describe exactly what the speed graph colors mean? I have searched high and low through every FAQ and guide out there and have found very few references to that part of utorrent's GUI at all, much less an acual legend.

I understand that the Red line is upload and the Green line represents download but every so often a blue line and a purple line show up (for no obvious reason) and it's been bugging me for years.

Could someone point me in the right direction, please?

Also, when these two other graph lines show up, they almost always coincide with outrageously high download and upload speeds, often much higher that my ISP's rated service. This anomaly occurs regardless of throttling, up or down. I have had a sustained torrent u/l speed of 250+kb/s with my upload throttled to 45kb/s.

I'm not complaining or anything but, what gives?

From http://download.utorrent.com/utorrent-help.zip searching for "graph", first hit:

The Speed tab displays graphs of the the global upload and download speeds, as well as some basic statistics about disk I/O and cache usage.

The "Show" dropdown menu allows you to select the type of graph you'd like to be displayed in the blue area.

"Upload & Download" shows a combination of the Download and Upload graphs.

"Download" shows a graph of the current global download speed.

The solid green-colored line represents the current global download speed.

The light green-colored line represents the global download speed limit. If no limit is set for the global download rate, this line will be hidden.

The cyan-colored line represents the current global download speed coming from local peers, or from Web UI communication.

"Upload" shows a graph of the current global upload speed.

The solid red-colored line represents the current global upload speed.

The light red-colored line represents the global upload speed limit. If no limit is set for the global upload rate, this line will be hidden.

The magenta-colored line represents the current global upload speed going toward local peers.

The yellow-colored line represents the current upload speed going toward Web UI communication.

"Disk Statistics" displays several graphs pertaining to disk and cache access. In each of these graphs, the lighter lines represent the graphs for writes or reads (depending on which graph you're looking at) to and from the cache. Their darker counterparts represent the writes and reads to and from the disk. Textual statistics pertaining to disk and cache access collected for the current session are shown to the left of the graphs. The "Reset" button below resets the collected statistics.

The Resolution dropdown menu allows you to select the interval for the time unit used for the X-axis of each graph. The Y-axis values are average over this time resolution.

Archived