Orange livebox and listen error

dht5077

Hi guys, I've been using utorrent pretty successfully for the past couple of years but ever since i changed my isp to orange i've had a helluva time trying to get it to run smoothly.

It seems no matter what i do, port checker tells me my ports are not open. I've gone to 192.168.1.1 and set up a rule for "utorrent" with TCP, an external port range of 49857 <-> 49857 and an internal port of 49857 (49857 is the port utorrent is set to). I've tried some other ranges and internal ports, same error though.

I even tried with and without a UDP rule. upnp is disabled in both utorrent and on the router. I have no other programs accessing the internet and my mcafee firewall has an exception set for this port. I have also tried disabling the firewall, but that had no effect.

I dont think the ip is static anymore, i tried setting one up but once again it seemed to have no effect, so i went back to dynamic.

Hope you guys can help me! Thanks for reading.

Hmm, the firmware of this Livebox is weird. Your LB/ISP is not from France, isn't?

Because I have a LB and the router setup is different.

Anyway port forwarding rules seem fine.

Did you try to enable UPnP in both uT & LB (remove previous port forwarding rules) and see if uT works fine?

Yeah, i've noticed that the layout of the router settings was completly different from everone else's. Dunno why that is though, i live in scotland.

Sadly, i've tried using upnp without the rules to no avail. Would using a different router have any effect?

I changed some net.blah settings, while following some advice on someother forum but reset them when it didn't help. But that surely wouln't cause the port to be closed? I have also deleted the settings files in the app data folder, doesnt that cause the settings to be reset as well?

Thanks.

Well, the problem seems to have fixed itself. I updated from utorrent 1.8.2 to 1.8.3, and now portchecker shows the port to be open and the status in utorrent itself is green. Thanks for all the help anyways. Still dont know why the port was being shown as closed though...

Archived