Error "Allocating files"

SaaD

I am getting error "Allocating files", I am using uTorrent 1.8.3 (build 15638). Download speed has reduced to ~10KBps, if i increase cache size, download speed increases until all cache is filled and then speed reduces to ~10 KBps. The torrents running are quite small (2 active downloads (no file has been created in download directory) ~550MB each and 5 torrents (~20 GB total) are being seeded). uTorrent is not closing either, when i exit it, uTorrents remains in the "Process" windows of Task manager. Only way of exiting is to removing power from Computer. Hard disk is fine, i am able to play videos from it and copy files to it fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like a virus-like activity trying to auto-infect your files over and over again as you download them.

Or a shitty antivirus scanner doing almost the same thing. :P

...Or just the enabled-by-default Windows file indexer that tries to track everything. :(

Same problem here, with the latest version (1.8.3) : I was stuck in "allocating files" and could not even kill the process ; the only solution was to restart my computer .

Downgraded to 1.8.2 (build 15357) and everything works fine now .

I'am running WIN XP SP3 and Avira Antivirus Personal on Athlon XP 3200+ with 2GB RAM .

Archived