How to do port forwarding?

EdoI

I've been downloading something whole night, but I didn't make much of a progress since the maximum speed I get is 10 - 30kbps (considering my download speed is 1536kbps, which usually gives me 180kbps when downloading).

I'm using Canyon CNP-BR1 router, and I get that port not open message in the bottom of µTorrent. How to do this?

Edit: I'm using COMODO Internet Security, if that means something to you.

Hum, your router should be old, no chapter about Vista and UPnP doesn't seem to be supported.

Anyway you can easily forward a port of course.

Go to the § 3.5 Virtual Server (pages #35/36):

Choose Manual Setting, enter your local IP like 192.168.1.4 (if you don't know it, type Start > cmd > ipconfig /all in Windows) the same port number entered in uT (49152 through 65535) and TCP. Do it the same for UDP.

You have to have:

Manual Setting - 192.168.1.XXX - 50000~50000 - TCP

Manual Setting - 192.168.1.XXX - 50000~50000 - UDP

where 50000 is the port in uT (Preferences > Connection)

Normally that's all, you should not have to set the router DMZ or DHCP.

If your local IP is changing, fix it in your router.

Meh, I guess I'll have to be patient.

I just can't figure this out, I'm scared to touch anything about my router considering I screwed up stuff already and I spent five hours getting it back once, and third - the router page I get is completely different than in the manual and it doesn't have some stuff I'd need to do that.

Thanks for your help, you'd probably help me if there weren't those circumstances.

Here's a screenshot of my Virtual Server page because, as I said, some things are named differently, and some stuff that you've mentioned aren't there. If you need a screenshot of some other page, just say.

Edit: nevermind the upper post, I've done everything you said, but when I press "Add" nothing happens except that all fields get blank, like if I've never written anything.

Edit no. 2: I've done everything right (I've also changed the port from 16888 to 50000 because you said it has to be between 49152 and 65535), but it still says on http://www.utorrent.com/testport.php?port=50000 that it's closed. What to do?

Ok it sounds like your router supports UPnP now. :D

In fact I see ports have been forwarded via UPnP.

So either your forward a port manually, or with UPnP automatically.

You have to choose.

NB: in both cases, you can choose option 'random port at each start' or not in uT.

So in your case, to forward manually a port:

0/ I presume your local IP is 192.168.1.102 (verify with cmd > ipconfig /all in Windows).

1/ Set a port in uT, eg. 50000 (Preferences > Connection). Disable UPnP, NAT-PMP & random port.

2/ Then in your router, go to Virtual Server page: 2 rules to add.

utorrent_tcp 192.168.1.102 TCP 50000 50000

utorrent_udp 192.168.1.102 UDP 50000 50000

To forward via UPnP: check UPnP in uT BUT remove the rules you have created manually.

Hy, I have a problem with utorrent 1.8.2. I used it without correct portforward, so it showed a yellow triangle on the button saying: "no incoming connections". It didn't bother me for a while, until today. I went through the steps according to this site:http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT54G/Utorrent.htm

It worked very well, the triangle turned into a grey stroke, saying that everything is fine. But in fact it wasn't . When I tried to use firefox, it didn't work, neither did on the other computers on this network. I quitted utorrent, and it didn't work either. So I decided to change back the ip settings . Now it's on automatic ip mode, the internet works, but the yellow triangle came back too. Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

What have I done wrong now?

screenshot 1, screenshot 2

Is your port still close in uT? Orange icon in uT?

Because your portforwarding rules are correct relative to this local IP (of course I guess that's the same of your computer).

Is your port still close in uT? Orange icon in uT?

Because your portforwarding rules are correct relative to this local IP (of course I guess that's the same of your computer).

Sometimes red, but most of the time yellow. At the moment, red.

And yes, the IP is the same as the one I got through the Command Prompt and the one I see in Local Area Connection -> Status.

Archived