Best Router to handle Utorrent and BT traffic?

unseengundam

I want to get new router to handle all my Utorrent/BT traffic. I am looking for something in $100-$150 ranges. Main requirement is to be able to handle tons of Peer connections (aka have large NAT table). Of course looking something with Gigabit WAN port incase one day I can upgrade to over 100 Mbps higher connection! :)

Other not so important features are having wireless N/WPA2, firewall, good logging features, etc.

The only way to really get everything you want is to build your own pc/router. Take an old pc and put a couple gigabit network cards and a wireless n card and configure it with all kinds of free open software like IPCop or something.

Other than that your only descent option which is what I use is a wrt54gl with the tomato firmware. It works really well. I download for months at a time at about 1.4mbs with close to 2000 connections with no problem. With tomato you can also do really cool stuff to prioritize different types of internet traffic so that no matter how much you are downloading it will not mess with your browsing the internet or playing xbox live. I plug all of my computers into a gigabit switch and the switch connects to the router so that the internal network is gigabit for file transfers and streaming media. Get the wrt54gl from newegg.

Archived