uTorrent not uploading on wireless.

error006

I can not upload/seed torrents on my computer with a wireless Belkin nic (driver 3.100.64.1).

Torrents download at expected speeds but uploading is a no go. I have a few torrents running right now with a Seeding status and a high number of peers to seeders.

One to two peers connect about every 10-20 seconds and my Up Speed flashes 0.1kb/s then the peer(s) drop. My Uploaded amount is at 0 and I have been seeding for over 24 hours.

I've checked the forums and some say having peer.lazy_bitfield set to true can fix this issue but this variable was set to true on install. I have also tried disabling my firewall and turning off virus protection to no avail.

I'm at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

Another issue I had which might be related to this one; I was recently running version uTorrent 1.8.1 and when I would go to Help > Check for Updates I would receive the error "Unable to verify the integrity of uTorrent servers." I had to manually download and install version 1.8.3.

I dunno... Everything works well hardwired ~3MBs down ~1MB up. On the wireless card I get ~1mb down and I actually started to get some uploads going this morning, at an amazing 11kB.

I did some testing transferring back and forth from my wireless machine and speeds were great internally. I'd like to blame it on my wireless nic but i don't think its the case. Tomorrow I'll fire up my laptop and see what speeds I get out of its onboard wireless nic to try and rule any hardware issues.

I hate the belkin card, it uses a proprietary utility tool that is needlessly cumbersome and will not work unless installed.

Off-topic: I got it as a replacement from a friend who was helping me move. I had my comp set up in a desk cabinet where my wires fed through the back through a slot. I asked my friend to unplug the wires in the back so I could slide the comp through the front and as he was saying "man this on is really hard to unplug" I hear a snapping sound and he is holding the antenna of my old dlink card... "Why did you do that?" I said with a few expletives thrown in "it's an antenna, it's only connected to the computer, it wasn't blocking me from removing the computer" again with expletives. He said "You told me to unplug everything!"

Don't use drugs kids.

Archived