Hi.. I'm new to uTorrents and this whole P2P thing...

jamesindetroit

I just recently started reading about torrents, and I found uTorrent. I joined, downloaded the program, and here I am. I was using Limewire for about a month, and I just didn't like the selection or the quality of the files that I downloaded from that site. My antivirus program never worked so hard since3 I bought my computer!!! The setup instructions here at uTorrent were great, and for me, very easy to follow. Kudos to whomever wrote the piece on port forwarding, as well as the "Introductory" text.. It worked beautifully!! The program looked clean and very user friendly. I found it very easy to navigate. I still haven't read everything in the documentation section, which I will today, but have been able to go to different torrent sites and get torrent files to download and upload at uTorrent. I also have some files on my hard drive, (i.e. non-copyrighted movies and music, all types of videos, etc) that I would like to share with everyone. I was reading some of the documentation concerning finding a site to upload the files too, and obtaining a "Tracker" URL. I thought that's what uTorrent was. Please excuse my "ignorance" concerning this subject, I'm really just trying to absorb all the new knowledge, as well as fill my obligation to maintaining the 1.5 to 1 ratio. Would someone please give me suggestions on where is a good place to upload files? Would Rapidshare be the most formidable and reliable? I appreciate your input. I would imagine that I'll be hanging out in this forum often, trying different things, and I hope, eventually be able to share what you all have taught me with other members. That reminds me... would someone also suggest an IRC program that may be the "standard" program of choice for use with uTorrent Client users? I would look forward to, very much, in chatting with and getting to know some of the members here. Thank you very much! P.S. I hope I posted this in the correct forum.. if not.. ummmm.. am I gonna get spanked? lol

The board supports only the BitTorrent client uTorrent, it's not about sharing contents or listing trackers to dl/ul contents.

Try Google there is a ton of sites providing tracker lists.

Rapidshare is about direct download, completely different of torrent.

I told you Moogly... lol.. I knew nothing about this torrent stuff. I read all the documentation here, and I think I know just enough to be dangerous now. I still need to know about trackers, peers, seeders, and leaches.. the "lingo" I suppose you would call it. I understand the concept of the "bit-torrent" as opposed to the direct download of the complete file, or even four or twenty part RAR torrents.I just need to do more research concerning the different torrent sites out there. This port forwarding and port triggering has me pulling my hair out and resetting my gateway three times a day.. lol..I keep getting disconnected. I look like your avatar by days end!!! You did say that uTorrent wasn't about sharing content. That confused me. I put a file out there, a complete file, all pieces in place, and people that are missing "bits" of the file, benefit from my addition.. true? Perhaps the little I know concerning the "Torrent" concept has given me tunnel vision.

I spoke about the board. The board is about uTorrent support, the BitTorrent client.

This board doesn't provide support & help about the torrents you have downloaded or where you can find trackers/indexers to search torrents to download.

BitTorrent doesn't guarantee the availability of each torrent, if the torrent has no more seeder during a long time, so the torrent is dead.

Trackers index .torrents and provide search engine to find them. You can create a torrent and upload it onto a tracker. So leechers can download it.

Archived