Speed and downloading from seed issues

tkaiwolf

Hello all,

Kinda new to this and have been reading and trying to learn as much as I can so I dont ask totally stupid questions....if this is one, please forgive me.

Anyways....When downloading torrents using BitTorrent 6.1.2 and looking at my peers list for a specific torrent I have noticed that anyone who has a lower case d under their flags I cannot download from...this is causing some significant issues with speed of download as well as ability to download sometimes when I have exceeded the other peers and just need the remaining bits I can get from seeders...is there something I am doing wrong that I need to correct or a settings that I messed up on?

Any help is greatly appreciated...any pertinent information that is needed I will be happy to share.

Thanks much.

Hi...thanks for the response. Yes I did follow the setup guide, I even learned that being to nice with your upload speeds affects your download speed a great deal. I have fixed that for now I will uncap when not downloading anything to help others....but...I have checked my port forwarding, it is showing up in my router, I have checked my firewall and it is showing there as well.

The seeders I was talking about in the previous post are Choked?? Is that where they block uploading?

This word describes the state of a BitTorrent connection. When a connection is choked, it means the person who is supposed to be doing the uploading on the connection does not want to send anything. This generally happens when the uploader's upload slots are full.

Pressing F1 will download and open the manual :3

Archived