Runs for a few seconds, then stops

Kenny_McCormic

I have been slowly picking away at a large torrent 1 file at a time, stopping often and starting again. Anyhow now I hit start, I get a list of peers going, all is well for 10 seconds-1 minute and then all the peers instantly disappear and the torrent stops.

Ideas? I'm running PG2 if that makes any difference(although I have tried stopping it, doesn't help).

Threw a proxy at uTorrent and it seems to be working good now, faster than it ever has. Still wanna know WTF.

And its doing it again, but it runs for some time before dieing, ISP?

Thanks, will check out, also just realized that when this happens the status column reads out "Error: Element not found".

EDIT, after trying the following, I cant even get peers before the "Element not found" error comes up.

SLOW/INTERRUPTED INTERNET CONNECTION OR OFFLINE TRACKERS while µTorrent is running

* COMMON PROCEDURES (reiterated just to be sure)

* Restart µTorrent, your computer, modem, and/or router after performing any of the suggestions below

* Try using Switeck's conservative settings

* Try lowering net.max_halfopen to 4 or lower (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)

* Try lowering bt.connect_speed to 10 or lower (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)

* Try disabling IP resolving in the Peers tab's context menu

* Try disabling DHT (Can be found in Preferences > BitTorrent)

* Try disabling UPnP and NAT-PMP (Can be found in Preferences > Connection)

* Try disabling peer.resolve_country if it isn't already set to false (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)

* Try lowering maximum global number of connections to 200? 100? 50? Lower? (Can be found in Preferences > Bandwidth)

* Try disabling uTP (set Preferences > Advanced > bt.transp_disposition to 5 for µTorrent v1.8.3 and above, or set it to 0 for µTorrent v1.8.2 and below)

Archived