thunderstorm, computer shutdown, lost all downloads HELP?

darlinho

had a thunderstorm and computer rebooted by itselfs. When i opened utorrent there is was nothing in downloading or completed download tab.

However when i go to my documents and to the download folder where all my downloads go everything is there.

Is there a way to put every back to utorrent application itself?

i looked at the migrating files page but it seems like i have to load up the torrent files. After going to my utorrent application data in the C drive i only have 1 torrent file and several .bat files. I think this happened because I uninstalled utorrent and reinstalled it thinking that would help.

i feel like my only option now is to go online and find each torrent one by one and download all over again.

I hope that i am wrong and that someone can help me.

what do you mean redownload them from trackers? does that mean i have to search for each one one by one and redownload the files all over again? its 89.5gbs worth of stuff.

i tried to system restore to a few days back to undo me uninstalling and reinstalling utorrent which i think caused me to lose all the download files. But it didnt work and nothing changed.

Well, to resume your torrents, you need to have 2 types of files:

1/ .torrent files

2/ associated data (complete or not)

.torrents are saved by default in folder %appdata%\utorrent (or in the folder you set in Preferences > Directories)

So reload each .torrent into uT then choose the folder where are the data.

uT will force a recheck and resume the torrent.

Migration guide (see homepage) gives info to do that automatically with the autoload ability.

yea i checked in the appdata utorrent and there is one torrent file there out of like 50+ files that i have. my guess is that before i came on this forum and had this problem i uninstalled utorrent and reinstalled it thinking that would help. But what i think happened instead was that by doing that it erased the torrent files that were there.

So now im guessing the only way to put all those files back is to redownload them all over again. I really dont want to do that because that is around 89.5 gb of files to download. So what i will do now is to keep them on my harddrive and not redownload the files all over again. i'll just start seeding the new files that i download.

Unless there is another way?

If you have deleted .torrent files, you need to redownload them (i mean .torrent not the data) on trackers/indexers and reload them into uT. There is no another way.

As you have still the data, you don't need to redownload the data from scratch. uT will force a recheck and resume each torrent job from the point you have left it.

Archived