Continue with multiple files

peterhun

I can't work this one out. If I open a torrent which contains multiple files and lets say I only select a few of them to be downloaded, then part way through the download I decide that I want to download another file in the available group of files whithin that torrent, how do I go about that.

Because when I click on the .torrent it tells me it already exists and asks if I want to add the trackers for it. But I want it to open up and give me a list of all available files within it.

I have used BitComet and in that app it lets me do it but with uTorrent it is not the same. So I'm thinking that it can't be done until all the current files have finished downloading and then remove the folder, then restart the torrent and select the extra file that I want. Is this right?

If it is this way then maybe this post should be moved to feature requests as this is a needed feature I feel.

thanks Moogly for ur help. as with peterhun, i've been having the same problem for sometime. so what i did is to transfer the file to another folder, remove the existing file and download the torrent for the other files. now that i know the proper way to do stuff .... how do i return the files i've deleted so i can be able to seed and contribute? do i just copy the files back to the folder or do i need to update anything? note: am also using uTorrent 1.8.2

Archived