.Torrent Icon Change?

SethTP

Place an icon file in the µTorrent settings directory (%appdata%\uTorrent by default), call it maindoc.ico, and re-register .torrent file association in µTorrent. Or manually edit the .torrent file filetype entry in the Windows Explorer Folder Options.

The method of putting a "maindoc.ico" in the folder isnt working, the button to Re register the torrent files is grayed out and ive even changed the program associated with .torrent files to notepad and the program isnt registering that something else now opens those files.

Can someone please tell me where inside windows VISTA i can manually edit the extensions icons?

Control Panel > Programs > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program

ive even changed the program associated with .torrent files to notepad and the program isnt registering that something else now opens those files.

I think it's malware or something, maybe you should scan your computer with a good anti-virus and anti-spyware.

No its not a virus and i changed the .torrent files because i wanted to see if it would re register.

Ok lemme change my question.

I Want every .txt file to look different inside vista, where would i go about changing that?

Archived