Upgrade autoshutdown

xcelestial

When my pc starts utorrent automatically runs, but I would like that he shutsdown if all torrents in it are marked as done or if they are stopped. In other case if I turn off torrent startup when I log on then sometimes when I restart pc I forget to start utorrent again. I mean I'm not hardcore leecher or seeder and I don't use utorrent much, and when I use it in most of cases it doesn't matter if something will be downloaded today or tomorrow or some other day, but If it doesn't start automatically and when I want to watch lets say a movie after whole week I figure out that I have forgotten to resume download, while in different case when I'm not downloading for weeks, utorrent runs all that time for nothing. So utorrent wouldn't shutdown automatically even if I have downloaded everything because I'm uploading now, but it would shutdown when I mark it as done. Then when I run new torrent it will ask me download location and there would be a new downloading or uploading torrent and it wouldn't again shutdown until marked as done and so on... There is only a little problem if someone wants to see what he has downloaded and he runs utorrent and it automatically shutdowns, but that could be solved with that alert box with timer and someone would just click not to shut down, or there could be option in preferenes to enable or disable this option. Also this feature may be executed only on startup so that afterwards when somene runs it doesn't shutdown until ordered...

I'm sorry if this exists, but I have searched and didn't find anything. Thank you in advance if you put this option it would release my mind off thinking if I have to turn on or shut down utorrent or what to do...

If you don't notice it running, why not leave it seeding? It uses minimal resources, and it would make sure the torrents you want down (even if they aren't important) are ready when you want them, and you allow other people a chance to get the file(s) aswell. Upload is GENERALLY not charged, so you aren't losing out leaving it on.

Archived