Computer Crashes, uT loses all torrent locations, unable to reload

roguewarrior72

My computer crashed doing an operation unrelated to Utorrent, but while Utorrent was maximized

All mt settings in uT were preserved, but all my torrent lists and categories were lost (I was only uploading torrents, no downloads in progress). The files and torrent files themselves still exist, but they do not appear in uT. I can add a torrent, and pick the torrent from the location I saved all my torrents in, but the menu for the torrent in "advanced" is greyed out and does not let me manually enter the download location so I can force a recheck to I can begin uploading again.

Basically, uT kept my settings, buts its a like blank piece of paper for all my downloaded torrents. Is there a way to manually (and hopefully in mass), get the torrents and files validated by uT so I can get back to uploading?

I scanned the hard drive - it is fine, the files are there, the torrent files are there - just I cna not get uT to load them back into the program, so I can do a force recheck.

When I load the torrent file, it is trying to download it again, when I already have the data. I need to connect the data to the torrent file. When I right click ont he torrent, and go to the advanced menu, the "set download location" is greyed out - so I am unable to tell uT where the data is for each torrent.

I am not concerned that your hard drive/s is damaged...only that files sometimes GET lost when crashes occur and it takes scandisk to recover them. It is mainly uTorrent's settings files that get rewritten every minute that are most vulnerable to crashes. :(

...But any downloading torrent file is likely to get lost as well.

Archived