Still downloading when complete?

eambo

Hi there. I've been seeding all the files I have all day, that were all 100% done. I've noticed uTorrent tends to downloaded these files at anything under 1kbps - from 0.1->0.9kbps. Over the day I have downloaded 200mb apparently.

I assume this is a bug - I'm also hoping I could get a few questions answered on this. Firstly, is this using up any hard drive space anywhere, or is it just a fake number?

Secondly, on private trackers, will this affect my ratio at all? For example, will this extra 'downloaded' data be counted on the private tracker as downloaded, or is it simply non existent in their eyes since I hit 100% download?

Thanks for any support.

Sorry Dreadwing, thought I'd looked through the FAQ - clearly not thoroughly enough. Although the FAQ says .1 - .2 kiB/s - I'm getting up to 0.7 right now. Is this normal?

Also would you be able to answer my other questions? Do Private Trackers see this as downloads? Although it's only a small amount as you see it can mount up, since I'm up to 200+mb/s.

And again, is this using up hard drive space anywhere? I assume not but just to be sure.

Thank you =-)

That download amount is what uTorrent NEEDS to stay connected and communicate with all the peers you're connected to and at the upload speeds you're running. It is not file downloads to your hard drive/s. It's just a 2-way communication that is mostly on the UPLOAD side while seeding.

That download level will appear to increase immensely if you set net.calc_overhead to true...because then uTorrent is trying to guess the REAL amount of download bandwidth used based on all its actions.

If active, DHT can add as much as 8 KB/sec spikes to download speeds.

Archived