Smoother speed graphic

donadon

To the best of my knowledge, the speed graph is constructed by sampling time rates each beat of time (be it 1s, 5s, 30s or 5min) instead of making an avarage time rate for that elapsed period of time. The result is a rough line graph. It would be nicer (for me at least!) if the speed graph would be constructed with an avarage time rate and thus being smoother, not to say more precise.

(To cite an example: suppose in a beat of time the download rate dropped from 100kb/s to 10kb/s due to a wi-fi disturbance, and then returned to a normal 100kb/s, If it happened to the speed graph to sample the 10kb/s time rate, it would be innacurate. An avarage statistic would sample the correct value of ~ 100 kb/s.)

My apologies if this entire supposition is not the case at all.

Here's another idea.

Sample data transfer rates every 1 second (the minimum sampling interval among the various options in the dropdown menu); for graphs other than the 1-second quantized graph, instead shade the area between two curves, one representing the max rate (out of the once-per-second samples during that interval of 5 minutes, 30 minutes, whatever) and one representing the min rate.

(would require more work than donadon's suggestion, though, probably.)

Archived