RED Circle Problems??

ifil

SOOO, probably a very common question but browsing the forums did not give me the answer i need to fix this problem...

So i have the red ring on the bottom of utorrent, it says no incoming traffic, and the dl speed sits at about 25 kb/s or lower, occasionally though it can reach as high as 150 for about 5 mins, then back to shit.

So i am using a motorola router with ddwrt, and i properly forwarded the port and everything, but still the speed report says it is not working. I have tried numerous ports....

So it works, it's just slow, and broken.

This started happening after i switched my isp modem from bridged to regular mode, where the modem handled the pppoe instead of the router, its more reliable but this started happening and now i cant forward...I use a router that does dhcp for all my computers, so my torrent system is like 192.168.2.1--

anybody know how to fix this?

well, the modem brand is westell

That could work, but it's pretty unreliable for power outages and such...

I'm not sure if having the ports screwed up is really a problem or not. For instance im dl a torrent right now, with 31 seeds and 6 peers, and average is about 25 kb/s or so, but sometimes it goes up to around 70 and stays there for a while. My max dl speed for anything seems to be 150 kb/s, so is bittorrent just slow, or is this my connection?

Archived