BT Homehub 2.0 Troubles with port forwarding

mykimike25

I recently ditched Sky Broadband in favour of promised 'unbeatable connection' with BT. My sky was dropping out alot and since converting to BT I have not had this problem anymore, but . . . .

I cannot download anymore!!!! I only get max 100kbps with utorrent. I have read other forums and have come to the conclusion that the BT Homehub is the problem. Here is a list of possible soloution I have come up with and am looking for any good advice as to which path to follow.

1: Turn on uTorrent encryption and change to port 8080. (any advice on how to do this would be welcomed)

2: Ditch the BT homehub and get a new router. (I am looking at a Netgear WNR854T RangeMax Next Wireless N Router - Gigabit Edition and any tips on what to do to get the thing running without trouble would be great)

3: Convert to Azereus and turn on encryption. (but I like utorrent and have used it for years so I leave this until last)

As piratebay has been sold and will probably follow what happened to napster, I would like to get this sorted ASAP. There are certain downloads I would like before I return to AUZ as the internet there is alot slower than UK.

Thanks for any advice that you can give me.

Archived