Speed problems only with specific private tracker.

BrownWallpaper

95% of my torrents work fine, recently (i think because of a new configuration including my router) torrents from a private tracker have not been functioning like they were before (speed of 1kb/s is the highest i have seen, with the recent problem).

Running XP, Linksys wireless router (it is connected by wire to my pc, the laptop uses it as a wireless router), ver 1.8.2 of ut, no firewall.

What problems could there be, what troubleshooting can i use to find the problem?

(also, unrelated but realy bothering me: I cannot login to my utorrent account on my pc and have to run back and forth between computers since logging in works only the one i am on now. Can anyone tell me hot to fix that too?)

Thanks

As for the private tracker, the issue is not a passkey, i manually enter login data to obtain the torrent, and load it from there. It's a very small tracker and i know the individual who runs/manages it and even he is at a loss as to why the speed problems are what they are. How do i check for a tracker error message?

I'm using no firewall, though there is some program on my pc that always asks for me permission to allow certain changes. I don't know what the program is, i don't even want it, but i sometimes get the impression that it's some kind of firewall? Could that be the issue? I would not know, since to me it does not, as all of my regulr torrents function correctly.

"How do i check for a tracker error message?"

Trackers tab/window when you have a problem torrent selected.

"I don't know what the program is, i don't even want it, but i sometimes get the impression that it's some kind of firewall?"

I certainly cannot see what's on your system! How can I answer questions about that!?!

not allowed = Private Torrent (so this is normal)

"no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" on trackers almost certainly means a firewall is interfering. You'll probably need to uninstall it...whatever 'it' is. :(

So i did some troubleshooting, and learned that the router (linksys) is partly the problem. Removing bridgemode and connecting directly to the modem changes the tracker tab, and now the status says working. The only problem is that my transfers are still at around 1 kb/s, and i don't know why.

I got in touch with the person operating the tracker and was told that the porblem is not on the other end, since there are no limits set to the upload from the source.

Now what?

Bell Canada started crippling service to ADSL resellers such as TekSavvy WITHOUT TELLING THEM that they were crippling service or HOW they were crippling service! Such monopolistic practices are illegal in most civilized countries, but unfortunately Canada's business watchdog authorities ruled that what Bell Canada was doing...is legal there.

So Bell is throttling your ADSL line before TekSavvy even connects it to their internet backbone links.

Supposedly, uTorrent's encryption can help some against that...

Also, on private trackers, the few peers you connect to are probably being flooded by other seeds so you can upload little to them.

Hm, well, not sure if that makes sense, because my global bandwidth with utorrent is around 275 k, which i hit with all my other torrents. The torrents from this tracker are the only ones that behave this way. Generally, there are about 2 peers and 1 seed, the 1 seed not having any upload limit.

Yeah, i have a general idea what bell does, and i am with teksavvy, and they do throttle me, but really only between the hours of 5pm to somewhere in the morning.

Is it time to try a new torrent client?

I will take note of Deluge, i have earlier today given Vuse a try, which did absolutely nothing. I'll try Deluge when i have time, somewhere soon.

So, you think that this private tracker problem is related to throttling? Even in light of the fact that my other tracker related torrents are fine? I also distinctly recall earlier plugging my pc into the modem directly and not having this issue with this particular private tracker. That was about a month and a half ago.

" Also note if the ips of the slow torrent are on "bad" ISPs. "

You mean if the source is a throttled isp? If so, i doubt that since i know that since i know others using the tracker are not experiencing the issues i am. In addition to that, the source is in a geographical area that i know doesn't suffer from throttled torrents. Or at least that is my current conviction.

Archived