No incomming connections - closed port.

Lestat57

Hello (and sorry for my english - I'm from central Europe ;-)).

I have a problem with port forwarding. I searched on the forum, but I didn't find my problem, so I'm posting a new topic.

Some time ago, I started wondering why do I have that yellow triangle (no incomming connections) in uTorrent - and also why is it downloading sooo slowly. Then I found out that probably I have closed port. So I've checked the port I've set in uTorrent for incoming connections (6942 - not like it matters) online and yep, it said "Port 6942 does not appear to be open". So I immediately started to look up for opening ports on the internet and I've found how to do it. So I did. Instead of having Windows to obtain ip automatically, I've set it manually (values are correct, i'm sure about it - IP, gateway and DNS), I've added an exception in windows firewall (but I could't find any setting like that in my AV softvare - avast), and I've enabled that specific port in my router settings (yep, for BOTH connections /BTW I've also enabled UPnP both in my router and uTorrent configuration), clicked "save" and........ nothing happened. Yeah, my router settings (I mean for example after reboot) are still showing that port 6942 is enabled, but uTorrent still shows "no incomming connections", when I check that port online it says it's still closed. Can someone, PLEASE help me? I'm kind of desperate here.

I have (freshly reinstalled ;-)) Windows XP Professional (SP3), avast! Home Edition (no additional firewall, just Windows firewall (and I know that that's not very wise, but whatever :D)), AirLive WMM-3000R router (with AirLive WL-5460AP v2 Access Point - I'm connected by satelite). And I also have shared IP address (God damn my provider :D), could that be the problem?

EDIT: Well I've found something odd.... well I don't know, maybe it's right, but I don't know, I'l rather write that too..... when I check the port online (uTorrent port checker) there is "Checking port 6942 on 193.110.187.2..." but.....193.110.187.2? It's neither my IP address, neither my gateway address, neither my DNS server address..... what IP is it? (or maybe it's something else (like IP address of... I don't know, uTorrent server? (Is there such thing in the first place? :D) I don't really have a clue. Maybe I'm just being lame as usual)

you have 2 ip addresses one internal one external...one you share w/the router and one the router shares with everyone else. Im not familiar w/sat internet so I cant help any further. just go to portforward.com and do what they say if you havent already. Good luck

Archived