Why I'm sticking with 1.7.7...

317gklc.jpg

Why was that column (highlighted in red) unnecessarily extended to the bottom in uTorrent 1.8? The space should be reserved for the bottom section (peers, speed, general etc.) Also why was the uTorrent logo changed to square? The sphere is way prettier (though this is not important compared to previous problem.)

Why the change? I don't understand. It was fine the way it was before. I haven't tried 1.8.3 but if anyone can confirm this dumb interface alteration was reverted, I'll gladly update.

gui.tall_category_list

It's not as if the category list was extended for no reason. RSS was integrated to the main window, and having such a small list for a potentially large list of categories, labels, and RSS feeds would make it the list overly crowded unless it was given additional vertical screen space.

And the icon was changed because it looked ugly under Vista unless a 256x256 megasized icon was included, which would more than double the size of the executable alone -- hardly worth the tradeoff. If you want to use the old icon, look for Dekaritae's icon in the skins page.

:cool: I knew that, I didn't lose faith in the honorable Ludwig for a second =D

Anyway, I got impatient while trying to run uTorrent 1.8.3 so I ran the app multiple times and now I got like 10 utorrent.exe processes running at once so, is gui.tall_category_list configurable? I don't use RSS feeds so I don't need the extended space.

And a bigger uTorrent icon would really take up twice the space of utorrent itself? Damn, thats fucking pathetic!

EDIT: Ok I got it. Thanks for the assistance!

EDIT2: New problem, the background color of the General panel is bright white and not dark blue like its configured in my Windows display settings. Is there a way around this?

Archived