µTorrent question about ETA

4theinfo

First of all, I'm new to µTorrent, but not new to torrenting. :P After googling, the only topic I found about this was Mac-related. I'm using Windows.

Just wondering: my completed torrent is well above a 1:1 ratio (I've been seeding for almost a week!) So why would µTorrent still display an ETA? What ratio is expected to be reached before the ETA no longer shows, since I've uploaded more than 1 full copy already?

Again, I have googled before posting here, searched µTorrent's documentation, etc.

Stating that up front so people understand I did some homework before finally asking. :P

Thanks, Dread. I'm grateful for your response. :)

The portion of the faq your response pointed me to didn't directly answer my question, since I'm new to µTorrent and have never dealt with "Seeding Priority" in a client.

But based on the info you linked to, I found the answer after searching for 'seeding priority'.

For those that wonder why they have seeded above 1:1 yet still see an ETA:

Go to Preferences - Queueing - Seed While (etc.), and change the value to "100" (if you have seeded at least 1 full copy).

Well, that doesn't really explain why to those people wondering "why." The explanation can be found in the user manual's description of the ETA column (among descriptions for just about everything else in the µTorrent UI). As you noticed, it's the ETA for reaching whatever your seeding goal is (which defaults to 1.5, or 150%). Setting the goal ratio to 100% isn't really the answer for everybody though.

Ultima, you're right. :) I inadvertently mixed 2 different issues. I meant to say, "For those that wonder how to eliminate the ETA after they have seeded 1:1 (or above).

Thanks for pointing that out! :D

Edited to add: Thank you also, Ultima, for your clarification, because it will point others in the right direction. I'm abashed about my inaccurately phrased post!

Now... Where's the "Reasons why I'm glad I switched to µTorrent" thread?? :cool:

LOL

Archived