uninstall or fix for uTorrent!!

Delta Spartan

im having some problems with uTorrent. I'll start from the top: i downloaded and installed uTorrent about a month ago, and its been great! right up to the point that my comp started crashing ever 5 mins, turns out 1 of my 2 hard drives doesn't work well when it get about 70% full and it decided to take it out on me by making my comp go blue screen of death. so i took it out and now uTorrent is not working. the hard drive i took out only had video files on it, no programs or anything so i dont get why its doing this. now every time i exit Utorrent it says;

"unable to save the resume file. some data may be lost

Another program might have a file open, or the disk is full. please correct this and click Retry. If you press Cancel, the resume file will not be saved."

hitting retry doesnt do anything, and nothing is open, and iv always have it save the files to my C drive(the one that was ok), before i would move them to my D drive(the one that was not ok). its like it reverts back to the point right before i removed the other hard drive every time i start it up, so NOTHING downloads anymore! any new torrents add aren't there when i start it up again, and all the file go back to not being done, iv been hoping to just uninstall so i can reinstall, to see if that works BUT FOR SOME UNKNOWN AND RETARDED REASON UTORRENT DOESN'T HAVE AN UNINSTALL!!!! (that i can fine...) ...... im going to have to go back to the little blue frog if i cant find a way to fix this!!

ok, so i did that, and it told me that it had to wait tell i restarted my comp. i said yes on scheduling it upon my next restart, then resarted my comp.... nothing happened. so i went back to the C drives tools and tried again, same thing, so i scheduled it again and restarted my comp and just waited after startup.... nothing. i went to appdata and tried to delete the file hohping matbe it did do something i couldn't see, nope still wont delete. so i tried to defrag, it says "Disk Defragmenter has detected that Chkdsk is scheduled to run on the volume: (C:), please run Chkdsk/f."

restarting it twice did it, but it didnt fix anything:( i did the sfc /scannow, and its asking for my Windows XP Pro service pack 3 CD.... I dont even have the right windows disc(long story).

i used to have this program called CC cleaner, it supposed to be able to delete anything. do you think something like that would do it?

chkdsk /r? That'll take time though.

CC Cleaner sucks, as far as my experience anyway. Since you ask about that I'd go with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for a quick scan, it was recommended to me and seems to do its job well.

When you say right Windows disc, you don't mean that you have an SP2 (or lower) disc and updated to SP3 do you? It's easy to copy a Windows disc to the computer and make it an SP3 disc.

Archived