utorrent not giving optimal speed.

arupbsk

I have a internet connection(always on broadband dynamic ip) of 512kbit. My ISp said my internet connection is OK. That means my download speed should be near 64KB/s . I've checked speed through many speed_checker sites. my download speed is about 485kbps, and upload speed is around 650kbps. But utorrent cannot get the real speed. Other direct downloads get the speed of 60KB/s even without any download manager. utorrent gives an average of 26-27KB/s speed(both upload and download). I have also the green tick mark always in utorrent that says my connection is ok. Even for well seeded torrents(10000+ seeders), the speed cannot get up. I've tried to limit the upload speed(from default 35KB/s [[for 512kbit connection]] to 22KB/s[[256kbit connection]] stepping one KB/s decrement. But utorrent uses full of the available bandwidth. I can say this, as while running utorrent, browsing speed get very low[[google loads in 5-10 seconds]]. utorrent speed spike ranges between 35KB/s and 15KB/s, even after hours. I've also inceased max-connected-peers to 1000 peers for a torrent and 1500 for global, but that also not worked. On the other hand, any direct download does not have such spikes in speed, they range between 59-60KB/s. Anyone kindly give solution.

Your line's sustainable upload speed may be even lower. :(

uTorrent's advanced settings (DHT, Local Peer Discovery, Resolve IPs, uTP connections, and Teredo IPv6 connections) may be too much for your marginal networking hardware or software.

bt.connect_speed set to its default of 20 new outgoing connection peer/seed attempts per second could be too high, try 1-4 instead.

net.max_halfopen defaults to 8 allowed half open outgoing TCP connections at once (new incoming connections have no limit, uTorrent just has to be unfirewalled)...if you lowered bt.connect_speed then net.max_halfopen = 8 is fine.

• 11 months later...

I'm also having the same problem i'm using a wireless connection 1mb but sometimes utorrent gives speed near

120 kbps.But sometimes it does not give speed above from 30 kbps.At the same time i checked my downloading speed by speed test it was 120 kbps and what is a problem behind that please help!

Archived