Lost my utorrent list.

dorn

I was having some computer problems that I was trying to pin down so I uninstalled the latest version. I've reinstalled it just now and gotten it working but my torrents are missing. All the other old settings were retained though.

Looking in users/user/appdata/roaming/utorrent all the torrents are still in there. The settings files are still in there too. I could tell it to manually load the torrents but it seems to be treating them like they are "new".

I want it to load them with the locations of where they were downloaded though. I have 1000's of torrents and it's often very convenient to be able to find stuff when I've forgotten where I put it.

What could be causing this? Did I accidentally delete a settings file that holds all this info when I uninstalled?

EDIT:

Actually I think I sort of fixed this just now.

I was looking at the settings files and saw one named resume.dat.bad at about 4 megs then the resume.dat was like 1k. Renaming them fixed it.

Why was it labeled bad though? Did the installer think it had become corrupted?

Maybe a problem like power failure, bad shutdown of uT etc. Anyway you have been able to recover resume.dat by renaming the bad one, so that's great.

A good advice is to back up regularly folder %appdata%\utorrent to avoid this kind of issues. ;)

• 2 years later...

Hey,

This has also happened to me a bunch of times. It's very frustrating. I like to keep a big list of torrents, about 1'800, and I have to manually move the torrents back to the original download location everytime to recheck them. Could you please tell me what files you renamed, and what you renamed them as? Also, I have many files named resume.dat.1.bad, resume.dat.2.bad, and so on. Some say resume.dat.old.1.bad. Same thing with setting.dat, rss.dat, and dht.dat. Please help/

This has also happened to me a bunch of times. It's very frustrating. I like to keep a big list of torrents, about 1'800, and I have to manually move the torrents back to the original download location everytime to recheck them. Could you please tell me what files you renamed, and what you renamed them as? Also, I have many files named resume.dat.1.bad, resume.dat.2.bad, and so on. Some say resume.dat.old.1.bad. Same thing with setting.dat, rss.dat, and dht.dat. Please help/

I'm curious as to why you keep the torrent files. What can you do with them after you downloaded the files, except maybe look at what's inside (trackers, files, etc.). Normally after the d/l is finished, I just delete them.

This has also happened to me a bunch of times. It's very frustrating. I like to keep a big list of torrents' date=' about 1'800, and I have to manually move the torrents back to the original download location everytime to recheck them. Could you please tell me what files you renamed, and what you renamed them as? Also, I have many files named resume.dat.1.bad, resume.dat.2.bad, and so on. Some say resume.dat.old.1.bad. Same thing with setting.dat, rss.dat, and dht.dat. Please help/[/quote']

I'm curious as to why you keep the torrent files. What can you do with them after you downloaded the files, except maybe look at what's inside (trackers, files, etc.). Normally after the d/l is finished, I just delete them.

I keep the torrent files, for no apparent reason, but what I meant was that I like to keep a list of my torrents, on uTorrent. Anyways, I found a solution. I just used previous versions on Windows 7 to find earlier uncorrupted files and replaced them.

Archived