utorrent killing internet connection on my machine

diabsiniman

I appologise if this hasd been braught up before but after running three searches with variations on my subject i got no satisfactory answer.

I have three computers running on my network

only one runs utorrent, this computer is also my main computer (the one I do work on) I run my outlook and surf the internet from this machine, the other two computers are basically file servers.

I have noticed that if I run utorrent on my machine all my internet traffic (including utorrent) grinds to a halt and my torrents stop running whether they be seeding or downloading, but if I go to one of my other computers I can still surf the internet and download normally any files I want.

I have tried setting up my utorrent according to the instructions I have gotten through the multiple threads that I searched for a solution but after a week of trial and error have finally given up.

I am running all my machines on windows XP SP2 and I have a choice of either a siemens giga762sx or a netgear dg834g router.

Please let me know if there is any further information you require from me.

your help with this would be greatly appreciated

I have already followed the instructions in the Troubleshooting Guide, I have a strange uncapped ADSL line, during the day my line runs at 384kb down and 128kb up, in the evenings and weekends I have 2Mb down and 384kb up, i have set utorrent (with the scheduler) to run during the high speed times, the settings that i have set it up with though are the ones for the slower times (up of 128kb) i get these speeds from speedtest.net. (my closest server is johannesburg) And as i have already stated, the slowing down/stopping of internet only affects one computer on my network, when i run a speed test from one of the other machines on my network the internet speed is still the same, unchanged, and when i am able to run the test on my machine the speeds dont change iether, but the MACHINE itself just no longer can access the internet (network traffic is fine, i connect to the other machines using win vnc)

Try the 1st link in my signature, slow speed/interrupted internet part.

A computer losing internet access or getting bad lag...is a likely sign of bad networking hardware or software. And since it only happens to the 1 computer, it's probably the network card (or drivers) and/or a faulty software firewall.

switeck i know its utorrent, I have solved my issue by installing bitcomet, although i would prefer to use utorrent i find that no matter how i change the settings it keeps on killing my internet. i havent had a problem with bitcomet and i have been running it all day without any faults

• 7 months later...

Archived