Downloading to which Hard Drive?

rewwer

So my last HD basically melted due to (I believe) torrent downloading, so with my new HD I set utorrent to cache files and save them on an external HD, because I figure if that breaks at least my laptop'll still work. But I don't actually know if the laptop drive is still in use when torrent downloading - if the files are being downloaded to the laptop and then transferred to the external HD, thus still stressing my laptop drive. Anybody have any idea if this could be the case, or am I safe to keep downloading?

Make your usb drive use a portable utorrent. Thus all i/o will go thru usb hd and saving wear and tear on your laptop. In my case, I have luxury to use desktop and trying to use desktop with usb by copying my laptop content to usb hd.

I tried creating but since I have 121 files prior in laptop, all, I am seeing all as 50 in migrated to desktop with usb drive. I posted inquiring why is there limitation of 50 or how to change. In laptop, I have 121 files and copied to my usb drive. I follow instructions to create portable usb utorrent but that usb drive is copied with 121 files from laptop and does not make sense of why 50 for all. tx I posted below u with my question. tx

Archived