Just a little trouble

mulder

I have been using utorrent for some time now with very little problems. I have not changed any settings yet this morning I downloaded a file no problem yet when I went to add another file it just sits there doing nothing. There is an indication of seeds etc but it wont start. I tried redownloading the tracker and nothing. I went to another web site and got the same tracker file and it wont work. I tried another tracker and completely different file and nothing. It just sits there. The only difference is that the file I downloaded today is that I got the tracker yesterday.

In the trackers for the file is says

DHT not allowed

Local Peer Discovery Not Allowed

Peer Exchange not allowed

Then it shows the tracker and it says its working and will update in.....

The only thing I have changed in utorrent recently is updated it to 1.8.3 build 15772

Any ideas? I have not change the firewall or any other setting at all and no one else has as I am the only user of utorrent in the house. I have checked it against the other computer that is running utorrent and it too has no setting changes and is doing the same thing. It too was updated to 1.8.3

Cheers

mulder.

NOting has changed since I installed utorrent.
The only thing I have changed in utorrent recently is updated it to 1.8.3 build 15772

That's a change.

Remove all rules from any AV and Firewall software and then create new ones. Are the torrents showing a lot of peers/seeds? Is your port forwarded? What does the status icon at the bottom of uTorrent say when you put your mouse over it? What do you mean by "I went to add another file it just sits there doing nothing.", what's the torrents status, state, and availability? Any messages in the Logger?

Not a lot of peers or seeds but enough to start the torrent. (24 peers 16 seeds) Port is forwarded. Network ok, Your network connection is working as it should. No messages in the logger. There are not exception in the av. Firewall settings are ok. DHT 303 nodes. Im going to turn it off for a wile and reboot the system, reinstall etc and see what happens. May be a glitch. Thank you for your time. I appreciate it.

Well its still playing up. I turn utorrent on and the file I want to download starts to download when it feels like it. At the moment its just sitting there not connecting to anyone and there are over 3000 seeds and 5700 leechers. I have the green tick and other files are uploading. 304 nodes and all settings remain unchanged. If I leave it for a hour or so it may just kick in and start downloading. If I turn off the uploads it makes no difference. Its got me stuffed.

mulder

Archived