Downloading 23 Torrents with about 100 kB/s.. Isn't that kinda slow?

zheaven

I HOPE you didn't use the xx/20mbit settings in Speed Guide (CTRL+G) unless you actually *HAVE* a 20 megabit/sec max UPLOAD connection. :P

Without knowing the numbers and ratio of seeds and peers, I cannot comment about the quality of the torrents versus what you're getting.

Yeah I did it wrong at first.. but now I did it right and it's still slow..

No my upload speed was about 160 kB/s on one of those java based speed test.. So thats about 1200 kbit/s.. So that's what I set it to..

Now it downloads 6 torrent with about 50 kB/s.. To me this still looks slow.. (correct me if I'm wrong)..

The numbers and ratio of seeds and peers that I'm currently downloading are (if this is what you mean):

Torrents.jpg

Anyway,

Thanks for replying, good to know someone is trying to help.

Is uTorrent uploading as fast as you told it (within 1 KB/sec) most of the time?

Does this same low download problem occur with the test torrents (mentioned in 1st link of my signature)?

Have you tried the Slow Speed/Disconnect Guide (in 1st link of my signature)?

Well I just tried one of the test torrent and this is the result

Testtorrent.jpg

Also what's weird.. All of a sudden, my overall download speed now seems to be going up from about 50 kB/s to about 500 kB/s and down to about 50 kB/s again.

Again, thanks for trying to help!

If you're on uTorrent v1.8.3 or v1.9...Turn on outgoing uTP connections...set bt.trans_disposition to 15. Explanation at end of 1st post of v1.9 alpha thread here:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=49813

Let that run for at least a couple hours...if things improve considerably (doubling download and/or upload for instance), then it's almost certainly ISP-induced crippling of your line.

Also, get IPv6 connections working. ...Either through native IPv6 support from your ISP, or using Teredo/IPv6 proxy-like service which can be enabled in uTorrent.

Ok thanks,

Well I tried that and an hour after I did, it was indeed doubled to about 200 kB/s (when I changed the setting, it was downloading at about 100 kB/s), but now it is down to about 90 kB/s.. So I'm not sure if that is the problem..

There's currently still very few Teredo/IPv6 connections.

uTP is only supported by uTorrent v1.8.x and v1.9 clients ...which although popular enough, don't MAKE uTP connections by default. (v1.9 alpha does make them by default, but it's still RARE!)

Your networking could have a slow resources leak...and run fine at first but progressively slow down. :(

1st link in my signature, slow speed/interrupted internet part.

Well, I let it download for a while, but what's really weird, now it's downloading with about 800 kB/s all of a sudden.. Just an hour ago it was still at about 100 kB/s.

So I don't know if I want to change any more settings.. Or is 800 still low?

If you're downloading considerably more than you're UPLOADING, then someone else isn't...and you're already getting "good speeds" as a result. 800 KiloBYTES/second download is pretty good for most torrent swarms. Maybe you can download faster than that...but most people can't upload more than 100 KiloBYTES/second, and they probably have their upload split 4 or more ways.

Archived