uTorrent is eating up hard drive space???

Chimerazz

Hello.

Let's say for example I have 10 files downloaded completely and I am now seeding them. If i were to look at the bottom bar, it would say my total upload and download speed. Normally, since my downloads are complete, the "download speed" would be at zero, would it not? It's constantly downloading nothing at an average of 2kb/s, and it's slowly eating away my disk space in the process. How can I stop this and/or find and delete the files occupying my hard drive space? Thanks.

"There's an FAQ entry on this."

Cool, the reason I registered an account here was for help, so a push in the right direction of the said "FAQ" would be a lot of help.

"What proof do you have of this?"

The proof is pretty solid. When I'm running uTorrent for seeding purposes, I have 86.6g of space. 20 minutes later or so, I have 85.7g of space.

I quit uTorrent. 20 minutes later or so, I still have 85.7g of space. I think it's pretty obvious what's going on. I just want to know why.

Cool, the reason I registered an account here was for help, so a push in the right direction of the said "FAQ" would be a lot of help.

http://utorrent.com/faq/troubleshooting#faq4

The proof is pretty solid. When I'm running uTorrent for seeding purposes, I have 86.6g of space. 20 minutes later or so, I have 85.7g of space.

I quit uTorrent. 20 minutes later or so, I still have 85.7g of space. I think it's pretty obvious what's going on. I just want to know why.

And you've checked to make sure it's not some system service, indexing system or other installed program causing the loss of space for another reason?

Archived