1.8.3 Isn't working for me...

Danimal666

Okay, at my house I have 2 computers on the same wireless network....a desktop running 1.8.2 and a laptop running 1.8.3. The desktop is currently seeding serveral torrents as we speak. On the laptop, however, uTorrent has been completely unresponsive since I updated to 1.8.3. I changed the port on 1.8.3 to the same port as on the computer running 1.8.2 to no avail. In fact, the settings on 1.8.3 and 1.8.2 are completely identical. Port forwarding should not be nesesary as the port forwarding test comes up ok but the tiny little icon at the bottom of utorrent says i need a different listening port. any ideas how to get things up and running again?

it just got it working...after reading your question about security software, i poked around and realized that windows firewall is not my active firewall, its macafee total protection...which, for some reason, had decided to block access to uTorrent. As far as for why I set the port for one comp to the same as another, I did that because that port works. Thanks for the help!

Archived