Crash when re-labeling torrents from RSS

lithriandel

Sorry for not posting it, but yes it was with the newest build (1.8.3. [buld number: 15557 or something around this]).

I read through the four links you provided, but didn't find any information about this. The firewall (Zonealarm) is configured perfectly (don't know why should it affect the re-labeling :S ). I haven't got any router.

If more info needed I will try to provide it.

Those 4 links are my signature that appears on every post I make.

1st link has a last section telling about additional info if nothing else helped...but I think in this case you may have a genuine bug.

And for that, one can only wait till uTorrent devs patch it. :(

The "proper configuration" for Zone Alarm is sadly completely uninstalled...and you may want to use a registry cleaner afterwards to clean up any messes it leaves behind! ZA has been linked directly and indirectly to ALL kinds of crashes with uTorrent and other programs. In short, it's hopelessly buggy. :(

This is my first crash with uTorrent ever, and haven't noticed speed or peer/seed connection problems. That's why I think it isn't because of Zonealarm.

Thanks for any help tough. I see forward to the bugfix, though it is not a major probrem, just an anoyying one.

Exactly how are you able to add labels for RSS items?

Or are you saying the items were added from RSS feeds, and relabeled? If so, then I can't reproduce the crash with your steps, because I added a torrent from an RSS feed, and relabeled it without any crashes.

I add labels to RSS items exactly how I would make it for non-RSS items. Select one or more and right click and from the contex menu select a predefined label.

The items were added from a feed, so they'r labeled by the name of the feed. I selected about 3 of them and tryed to set a new label. When I tryed it one-by-one it worked fine.

Is it possible that it's an issue with Windows 7 and uTorrent working together?

When I right-click on an RSS item:

rssonly.png

When I right-click on an RSS item and a normal torrent job:

mixed.png

The Torrent Options submenu applies only to the normal torrent job, and the RSS Options menu is the same as the previous image, and applies only to the RSS item.

There is no normal way to attempt to apply Labels to unadded RSS items, so if you are able to get a context menu that appears to allow it, then indeed, there may be an actual bug in the way Windows 7 and µTorrent are interacting.

I think I wasn't clear or misunderstood something. Under RSS item I mean a torrent that is being downloaded from an RSS feed.

The BH rss feed and a torrent from that feed is selected.

1.jpg

After right clicking the selected torrent I choose a new label.

2.jpg

I made this process but selecting multiple torrents. I hope now it is undestandable what I do.

Ps.: Sorry if my english is not always quite clear. It isn't my main language.

Archived