Help with Port Forward

Chizzed

Hi all. I am a seasoned uTorrent user, and for the life of me I can not figure out what is going wrong. I have port forwarded hundreds of times, but now something is wrong!

I have a Netgear WGR614v6 router, and a Motorola SB5100 SURFboard Cable Modem.

I have correctly run ipconfig /all in command prompt, and used that IP address to setup a local Static IP by going to Control Panel, network connections, and clicking on my LAN connection. I changed the TCP/IP settings and told it to use the IP address and other settings I found by running ipconfig /all.

I then went into uTorrent, unchecked the Enable UPnP port mapping box, and put in to use port 50000.

I then went into my Netgear router, went to port forwarding, and forwarded the port to 192.168.1.4, the IP address I setup to use.

Now when I run the port-open test through uTorrent, I am getting this answer:

Checking port 50000 on 66.112.9.46...

An error has occurred!

An error has occurred!

Port 50000 does not appear to be open.

For the life of me I can not figure out what is wrong. Also, I have read that my cable modem is not also a router and has no NAT capabilities, so I don't think I am double NATed.

Also, before receiving this router (that I got from my girlfriends mom), I used a Belkin which worked perfectly, and forwarded the port flawlessly.

Edit: This means that my speed is extremely slow. I upload faster than I download. It's really really annoying!

I have been researching for hours upon hours, and can not figure out what is wrong! Any help to end my madness would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Archived