Low speeds. Both upload and download

laminatkungen

I experience really slow speeds, both download and upload. At the beginning it was between 1 and 5 kb/s and after changing some settings it came up to between 15 and 20 kb/s

Upload speeds have changed from 0,1 kb/s to about 7 to 9 kb/s

The changes i made and other information asked for in the FAQ and the guides:

Did the setup guide.

My speeds were:

Download: 805 kbps 1382 kbps 1344 kbps 1033 kbps

Upload: 135 kbps 109 kbps 192 kbps 141 kbps

Using windows firewall, checked the appropriate box in settings.

I have a green network status sign.

Protocol encryption is enabled and so is peer.lazy_bitfield

I have checked the port with the help of utorrent and it was OK.

net.max_halfopen = 4

Running on Vista, using the windows firewall and AVG free antivirus

Connection type is wireless broadband (3G mobile) from Telia. Using a HUAWEI modem.

Speed guide information

Upload limit 9kbps

connection per torrent 30

max active torrents 1

Upload slots 3

connection 35

max downloads 1

I ran the "glasnost" test with the following results:

Is BitTorrent traffic on a well-known BitTorrent port (6881) throttled?

There was a problem with the BitTorrent upload (seeding). Our tool did not detect forged TCP RST packets, but nevertheless no data could be transfered.

There was a problem with the BitTorrent download. Our tool did not detect forged TCP RST packets, but nevertheless no data could be transfered.

Is BitTorrent traffic on a non-standard BitTorrent port (10009) throttled?

There was a problem with the BitTorrent upload (seeding). Our tool did not detect forged TCP RST packets, but nevertheless no data could be transfered.

There was a problem with the BitTorrent download. Our tool did not detect forged TCP RST packets, but nevertheless no data could be transfered.

Is TCP traffic on a well-known BitTorrent port (6881) throttled?

There's no indication that your ISP rate limits all downloads at port 6881. In our test, a TCP download on a BitTorrent port achieved at least 212 Kbps while a TCP download on a non-BitTorrent port achieved at least 203 Kbps. You can find details here.

There's no indication that your ISP rate limits all uploads at port 6881. In our test, a TCP upload on a BitTorrent port achieved at least 281 Kbps while a TCP upload on a non-BitTorrent port achieved at least 164 Kbps. You can find details here.

When the Glasnost test says there's a problem, it's often ISP-caused.

But it can also be caused by faulty networking software and/or hardware.

I simply don't know enough about what you got to know for sure...have you done GOOGLE searches for others with similar problems with that modem?

Try lowering bt.connect_speed to 1-2 and disable Resolve IPs (right-click in PEERS window of a torrent).

Archived