Questions!

AbyBeats

Hai,My name is AbyBeats and joined the community today.There are some questions I would like to get answered.

I have a ADSL 2mbps Connection.

1.)My Speeds shown in my modem is:

Upstream:861 mbps

Downstream:2047 mbps

I cant Take a normal speed test because every speed test I do shows: "Your ISP uses compression so your results wont be accurate"

So I set upload in uTorrent as 40KBps and all the settings accordingly from the Azerus calculator.

And I have been getting a download speed of 190 KBbs in Average.

I want to know if this is the maximum speed i will get from my connection.

2.)What are trackers? Will adding more trackers Increase my speed?

3.)Another funny thing is whatever i put my upload as,I get the same download speed.

Like even if i put my upload as 10~60,I get the same Download speed. According to Bittorrent shouldnt my download speed increase with increase in upload?

4.)Why is it Stated that "If you put upload too high then Download will suffer"?

Isint Upload and Download in a 2mbps connection,two different entities? I mean is upload and Download taking place simultaneously?like if upload is 50KBps then download can be only 200kBps in a 2mbps line?

Thank you for taking the time to read and for your answer.

1.)My Speeds shown in my modem is:

And those speeds aren't always accurate. Even with compression at the ISP level, you'll still get more accurate results from a speedtest.

Azerus calculator.

We have our own charts. Their calculator is overzealous and is more likely to cause problems with substandard networking hardware and software.

2.)What are trackers? Will adding more trackers Increase my speed?

No adding more won't increase your speed. What they are is covered in the documentation.

According to Bittorrent shouldnt my download speed increase with increase in upload?

There are far too many factors to consider beyond just upload speed when it comes to what download speed to expect.

Thank you for your invaluable time.Can you also Explain the below:

I want to know if 190KBps(~1600) kbps is the maximum download speed i will get from my connection of 2 mbps for a well seeded torrent?

Q.)Another funny thing is whatever i put my upload as,I get the same download speed.

Like even if i put my upload as 10~60,I get the same Download speed.Why is this?

Q.)Why is it Stated that "If you put upload too high then Download will suffer"?

Isint Upload and Download in a 2mbps connection,two different entities?I mean is upload and Download taking place simultaneously?like if upload is 50KBps then download can be only 200kBps in a 2mbps line at the same time?

Thanks again.

Why is it Stated that "If you put upload too high then Download will suffer"?

Isint Upload and Download in a 2mbps connection,two different entities?

You can only do so much at a time, and you can't have one without the other. How can you download something without uploading a message asking for what you want? What if you upload too much data for those messages to get out?

OpenOffice is a good test torrent, use the guides and charts in the Speed Problems forum for configuration.

Please answer this too.

is upload and Download taking place simultaneously?like if upload is 50KBps then download can be only 200kBps in a 2mbps line at the same time?

and is 190KBps the maximum Download speed for a 2mbps line? Would like to know.

Depends...ADSL has its own overheads on top of TCP/IP overheads on top of BitTorrent overheads.

So if your connection is poorly configured, slightly slower than officially rated, AND you're using bad BitTorrent/uTorrent settigns...you could get less than 150 KiloBYTES/second download speed max on a supposedly 2 megabit/sec ADSL connection.

Archived