Very Slow Seeding

asandhu

I have a problem when after I finish downloading a well seeded torrent at 1.0 MB/s +, or any torrent for that matter, when i try to seed the upload speed is either non-existent or it will not go over 10 kB/s. This is with a torrent with over 150 peers, although only ~5 connect no matter how long I leave the seed running. This is a major problem for me as I am a member of various private trackers who do not take leeching too well.

Hmm that Shaw thread is interesting...now I dont know if its the torrents that are the problem or my ISP. Seeing as that now I am trying to seed a torrent with more leechers than seeders off of a private tracker and i am now getting from 60-100 kB/s upload speed (which is still crap). And just out of curiosity, how did you find out that my ISP is Shaw?

And also on your (Switeck) signature, I took a look at the second link and attempted to adjust my settings accordingly. Using the suggested settings, my upload speed dropped from ~100 kB/s to 30-40 kB/s, so are those settings supposed to work for everyone?

Archived