No incoming connections Windows 7 (Yes my port is forwarded)

Serantos

Hey guys,

I am running the RTM of windows 7 (7600 16385) and I cannot get utorrent to work properly. I'm running 1.8.3, I have my port forwarded and I have a IPv4 Static IP set up. I disabled IPv6, and I'm still seeing the No incoming connections warning. This has to be a windows 7 thing... I run it on XP with no problems (1.8.2).

Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Edit:

Also the utorrent port checker says

"An error has occurred!

Port 45682 does not appear to be open."

I know its forwarded on my router firewall page... It's frustrating.

Thanks for the help.

I guess I could try a different port, but I don't think it will help. My static is 192.168.1.136 and my DHCP is from .50 to .100. Like I said this works just fine on my XP boot. (I have dual boot with Windows XP and Windows 7.) I'm going to try another port but I don't think it will matter.

I have the windows firewall disabled too.

Edit:

NONE of my ports are reachable using portforward.com PFPortchecker program. I just restarted my router and modem and that didn't help either. I'm extremely lost right now. I'm not a complete moron when it comes to networking, this just doesn't make sense.

I have avast! for my antivirus, and I looked online it doesn't appear they have a built in firewall. Windows firewall is completely disabled. I unselected the IPv6 protocol... I just dont see anythign ewlse I can do here. I'm going to put it in a DMZ and see if that opens things up.

Edit:

Even in the DMZ I am unable to connect. It has to be software... This is a fresh install I have nothing on the computer yet, just antivirus and a couple programs.

I don't think so, I'm just running port checkers and still getting errors.

Update:

I figured it out, and I feel dumb. Turns out my new modem I got from my ISP is also a router. I bridged it and everything works like a charm. Thanks for the help guys!

Archived