speed guide resetting to "current settings"??? BSOD? i read ultima's .

CMali

i have clear,wire modem 1.5mbit, with windows vista home premium and have utorrent set to 1mbit. when i have it set to the setting i put the icon is green and im getting speeds of 160-180. about anywhere from 1 to 3 hours it will revert it back to a different setting of upspeed and the speed guide will say "current setting" and give me a yellow indication if i dont catch it first. so if i dont change it after about 3 hours of speeds less than 30 i get the BSOD. i dont know if its from utorrent or maybe even from my RAM ( i read the other topic from Ultima about the crashes and are from another program and how he tells us to complain all we want and that its not utorrent ;) ( note im not complaining) ) but this is usually what it says , BAD_POOL_CALLER and DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. i looked up the bad pool caller and it said something along the lines of when two computers are connecting. this only happens i believe when utorrent is open and downloading. it last happened with utorrent open and while doing a java speedtest, the one listed here on the forum. and i know java might have a part in it but it happens even when java isnt running, not even the update for the java app will be running. and when that one crashed it didnt give me anything but a 000x and so on as a reference and restarted to fast for me to jot it down. so if anyone has anything of a good input for a noobie such as myself it would be sweet of you to enlighten me;) ive read all the speed guide and my provider isnt listed anywhere for port forwarding and i followed all that i could from the guides, all in all please help, and sorry if i drug this on.

on another note, if i can send someone that has been on here and is trusted by others the minidump file and that can help explain then please let me know. but i dont see an option for uploading a .zip file here.

thanks in advance

CMali

I doubt your UPLOAD is 1 megabit/sec usable speed.

"BAD_POOL_CALLER and DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL."

Driver errors...or severely buggy software firewall. (See Zone Alarm for an example...)

Post at mediafire or something and add a link to the minidump file here.

i run bitdefender internet security 09. outpost firewall pro 09 v6. utorrent is allowed for all connections in outpost & bit, but i noticed that it still says for outpost " BLOCKED - INBOUND - TCP - RST ACK ". and says the port i use and all that goodness.

well lets hope this did it for me? here is the link. . .

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bc5db82f785f5d580f83d91f6dff7c38e04e75f6e8ebb871

can someone tell me what the other ones are leading to? i found out that when i updated windows last that it started its firewall again and so i had 3 running. i cut the two and only have the bitdefender running because it allows for the best speeds from utorrent. but what are the other bsods leading to.

thanks again

Did you uninstall outpost completely? Stopping/disabling it wont work.

Other BSOD's seem to point at a Windows file (NETIO.SYS), which usually means bad drivers, which can include security software, so after removing outpost and making sure your drivers are up to date if you still get crashes put a few of the new ones up.

ok but i cant seem to find the drivers for my card nvidia ge force go 6150. i did the ones that came through microsoft and had nothing but issues. i looked everywhere. driver detective says it has one but its the same that i got from micro. i have really no issues with the one it has tho. but ok, and thanks again for getting back to me! really appreciate it! ill keep looking around.

Cmali

Well, it's more the networking drivers you have to worry about since it seems to be a networking related file.

If you still have trouble you may want to remove Bitdefender, just for a little while at least in order to test it. And latest minidumps if any.

Archived