uTorrent taking over my comp

Mr.Guns

I just got uTorrent a few days ago. It hasnt worked yet, and ive been reading the forums to try and fix the problem. The program not working wouldn't be too bad, but its completely altered my computer- nearly every game or windows application (Media Center, Outlook Media Player) has somehow been turned into a torrent file. Any game I try to load marks as an "invalid torrent file" and using the disc in the drive somehow fools itself into thinking the game is uninstalled- trying to uninstall then and there fails "because another copy of the program is running on the system." I'd just like some answers as to why what started as a simple game patch turned into some fiasco. My internet browser works and its one of the very few applications without uTorrent on the face- it works, but every time i change a page i get another "Invalid file!" message- thankfully it still surfs just fine. I've looked at as many of the forum pages as i could before posting this, ive tried a lot of generic answers to this problem and none have worked, please help me out here. Oh, and Im running Vista, i have AVG and its not reported any viruses, if you need any more specifications, post them and ill do my best to help you all help me. Thanks

Edit: I've used system restore to back my computer three days, and its changed everything back to normal, but i have a bad feeling it'll change once again and re-torrent all my files. I will update if problem persists, however i am happy to have basic stuff running again, so i guess this problem is (temporarily?) solved.

yeah im having the same problems. I got it not too long ago, and its pretty much turned everything into a torrent file and it says "invalid torrent file" when i try opening anything. My guess to fix it was to uninstall it, but I dont even know how. It doesn't let me delete it. And yea i have vista too...

Archived