Apple airport extreme

percyg23

hello i have been all over the internet and searched this forum for help but i have not been able to get any. i have a mac mini with an apple airport extreme router. i would like to be able to dl a littel faster, as one of the moderators stated in a post youtube settings do not get the job done. i have a dsl modem (westell model 6100) i have zoomtown dsl. i have done the speedtest and get dl speeds of 4182kbs. i have went to the port forwarding site but the info there is for an older model of an apple airport extreme, therefore the settings do not match up at all. i have the latest model airport extreme router with the latest firmware 7.4.2, i checked for updates, i am running leopard 10.5.7 my dl speeds are very low. i would appreciate if someone, someone could point me into the right direction to a post, website, tutorial or a post on this site. once again i am sorry if i posted in the incorrect area...( im a noob) thanks for taking the time to read this

NoOne I have been to portforwarding.com the info on that site does not apply to the newer airport extremes. the settings, screens, and everything is different because the base stations that it refers to is old information that applies to old airport extremes. as i stated in my earlier post i have the newer model extreme mine is square not shaped like an egg or whatever shape that is. is there anything else i can do? if i cant forward my port because of the portforward's old info are there any settings for utorrent (mac) i can use to try to speed it up a little bit? right now i think its at about 9.2kbs max.

btw are you the same NoOneButMe from ****HU.com? back when we could get all the channels? if so hello, how have you been?, and thanks for what you've done, if not please disregard.

percyg23

• 1 month later...

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA24799?viewlocale=en_US

There is stuff all over the net on this. The protocols are the only thing that matter. Whether or not you have the saucer or the square makes no difference. Just open up the Airport utility and start hunting.

You want to take a look mainly in Advanced/Port Mapping section. Add an instance of "Personal File Sharing", add your ports you need and pick the correct static IP and viola.

Alternately you can just enable NAT on uTorrent and the Apple base station and let them do the work. Sometimes torrents do not download fast. Their are many reasons for this.

Archived