Continuous Data Download

samon

Hi There,

Not sure if this is the right section. Appologies if it is.

My issue is i have the latest version of utorrent installed 1.8.3. and as the versions have increased so has the amount of data downloading when there is no active torrents downloading, speed is around 1kb to 2 kb which seems nothing but over a 24 hour time frame it is around 100meg a day. For me being in Australia with rubbish ISPs when it comes to data usage rates, this is bad.

if i have utorrent on 24/7 i lose around 3 gig a month to whatever this traffic is.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Did you disable DHT, Local Peer Discovery, Resolve IPs, UPnP, NAT-PMP, uTP connections, Teredo/IPv6 connections?

Did you reduce bt.connect_speed from 20 outgoing peer/seed connection attempts PER SECOND to something more reasonable like 1-4?

Leave net.max_halfopen set to 8...or lower it as well. More is NOT better!

Leave Peer Exchange enabled -- it only works when a public torrent is running.

Have you tried changing your router's MAC address to see if you could get your internet ip to change?

Have you tried the 2nd link in my signature...settings based on your sustainable max upload speed, or lower to prevent even momentary overruns. Your ISP would probably drop excess packets...but still count them against your monthly limit.

Archived