Reset to 0 after restart

asy

I apologise in advance if this is already answered somewhere. I've trolled the forum, the FAQ and the web, but can't find the answer...

I am downloading a torrent which is 15.8gb in size. It was 98.5% downloaded (it has been sitting at 98.5 for a week, darn when people stop seeding...), and there was another torrent downloading at nearly 8gb, with 32% downloaded. However, I had to reboot the computer. When it came back, my hard drive (to which my torrents save) wasn't connecting properly. I reconnected it, but all the torrents said "error, try restarting torrent".

So, I pressed 'start' on utorrent to get them to start downloading again, but, the 8gb one just took up where it left off, however the big one has re-set to "0% Done".

The downloaded files are there. I've checked. But alas, it's telling me that it's at 0%.

Does this mean it's going to try to download the whole darned thing again?????

How can I get the system to 'see' that most of the files are already downloaded?

Thanks...

asy.

Hi,

I did not force a re-check. Should I have? I used "start" not "force-start" or anything else (to the best of my memory).

The drive's letter did not change, it's still F: The download directory's address and location haven't changed and the data is still in the right file (as far as I can see). I checked the properties of the file and it's showing as 15.6Gb of data, and all the file names look right.

Thanks, I appreciate your help. :)

asy.

Thanks,

I've tried, but, for some inexplicable reason "force re-check" is greyed out on my system and won't allow me to click it.

Just fyi, my utorrent is version 1.8.3 .

How can I get it to allow me to ungrey that option?

asy.

Archived